Thursday, October 04, 2007

More SP goodness

Hot on the heels of my secret pal's first package was her second, which I excitedly ripped open to discover this:


Wrapped inside the beautiful scarf (knitted in Elsebeth Lavold's silky wool using the Midwest Moonlight pattern, which I love, from Scarf Style)


was this lovely yarn:


Some lovely cotton (for all my baby knitting!) and a simply gorgeous skein of silk in wonderful shades of purple - so pretty! I love it all, especially the beautiful scarf which I have been wearing a lot since it arrived! I have to confess that I have been doing a little bit of research and have tracked down my pal - thank you so much for this wonderful package Dorene!

Rather belatedly, here is an update on September's knitting plans:
1. Finish baby present for a friend. Done - this was Nic's kimono for Pete!
2. Start and finish another baby gift for another friend. Done - she is coming home today so I will be able to give it to her tonight. I knitted yet another kimono, this time in a gorgeous shade of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted


and found this pretty ribbon on our trip to Tunbridge Wells that I think sets it off nicely:


3. Plan and start my sister's birthday present. Done (although I need to get on with this - her birthday is on the 25th of this month!). I have decided to knit the Dream in Color shrug


and have started it and have knitted three repeats of the zigzag pattern, so some progress has been made.
4. Complete 10 repeats of a Birch shawl for the school auction. Not done. I have started this and knitted one repeat but have got sidetracked by a few other things that were more urgent.
5. Finish fronts of Seville bolero for me. Not done - I have worked on more pressing projects instead.

Knitting distractions this month were the Koigu cardigan, which I have made some progress on and find rather irresistible (although it is quite slow going as the yarn is so fine). But the yarn is so mesmerising to knit with that it almost makes me want to be monogamous to this project! I have, however, been able to tear myself away to knit something for my cousin's new baby:


and again have used some lovely new ribbon:


And I found time (just!) to knit a poncho for one of Edward's friends who had a birthday party last weekend:


This is knitted in Rowan Big Wool with Colinette Chicago for the fringe.

I have been busy making plans for October:
1. Finish the shrug for my sister's birthday.
2. Do 10 repeats of birch on the shawl for the school raffle.
3. Knit 10 flowers for the school fair.
4. Start scarf for ISE5.
5. Start gift for Secret Pal.

Looking at this list, I think I am probably being optimistic about how many hours' knitting time I will have as I am working more hours throughout October and November and also have the distraction of the Knitting and Stitching Show next week. I am so excited about this, especially as Kris and Sabine are both coming to stay with me. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

I love that scarf pattern! Have you actually knitted it, I was wondering....and now you are doing a Dawn, such organisation! I do think those are such pretty ribbons you have used, far superior to anything in John Lewis. If you ever go to that ribbon shop gain, I'll give you an order...

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Lucky you, I love that scarf pattern, it's on my 'to do' list. The photographs of your knitting are beautiful Ingrid. See you soon.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

Absolutely love those ribbons- really unusual and make the kimonos even more special (if that is possible!)
I've got some of that Elizabeth Lavold yarn - I would love to see your gorgeous scarf to feel how it knits up , could you bring it in to Stash one Wednesday please?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home