Friday, November 30, 2007

Goals for December

Well, every year I forget how busy November gets and every year I take on too much. I imagine it is the same for most of us out there, but somehow I forget and blithely agree to things in October and then find myself swamped. Work has been very busy and I have been very preoccupied with the craft stall for the school Christmas fair. Hence the lack of blogging.

Today is the last day of November, so how have I done on my goals? They were:

1. Make a poncho by Sunday for one of Lily's friends - eek! Done! (and she loved it - even better!)
2. Finish Clementine for Secret Pal and post final parcel by the 15th. Done!
Here is Lily modelling for me:


and a close-up of the front edge:


3. Finish scarf for ISE5 and mail. Still frantically knitting - will get it done in the next few days.
4. Knit 20 hair decorations and 20 corsages for the school fair. Other people are helping with the knitting too but I need to get these under way or it will be a panic. I have done 24 corsages and 18 hair bobbles, so not bad. I have also made 22 of these korknisse, which are so cute!:


5. Start Forest Canopy shawl (thank you, Jill, for this recommendation!) in the gorgeous Casbah Dorene gave me. Not started yet...
6. Block and donate Birch to school. Done! Here it is blocking:


and with Ellen modelling it:


and a close-up of those lovely leaves:


So, overall, not too bad, although I must finish my scarf and mail it next week.

My December goals are:
1. Finish ISE scarf and mail it by the end of next week at the latest.
2. Knit yet another baby kimono for someone at work - by next week if possible.
3. Knit the Forest Canopy shawl (I am now planning to give this to my stepmother for Christmas, so I had better get going).
4. Knit a secret something as a gift.
5. Knit some wristers for a friend's mum.
6. Knit three scarves for the children's teachers.

These all need to be done in the next couple of weeks and then I can get on with some old projects. I have picked up my Debbie Bliss cardigan again and will probably take that with me to knit in the car at Christmas (we have a long journey):

and I might dig out another project to take too - maybe something lacy.

Last night I got together with a few other mums from school to make up more goodies for the craft stall. I was going to make peg dolls, but Brigid gave me the bright idea up making up kits for the dolls to sell (cutting out a lot of work!), so last night we made up 50 kits, which was fantastic. I spent yesterday morning making some prototypes and writing the instructions for the kits and was very pleased with the products. Here is Santa, complete with knitted hat:


and an angel


Would you like me to put instructions on here for them?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Brigid said...

Wow, you have been busy. What a great idea to make Christmassy peg dolls - glad the idea of kits went down well!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Good grief, I think you are superwoman. Your girls are as gorgeous as ever and the knitting is stunning. Clementine is still on my todo list and I don't see her floating to the top anytime soon. I'm buried under the same Holiday mountain as you, also wondering what the HECK was I thinking? ;) Good luck getting it all done.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

I feel quite exhausted just reading your list of achievements-you really are amazing! All the school goodies look fantastic. I especially like the Korknisse!Lovely to see you this week - hope you're able to get to Stash again next Wednesday

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ingrid! The recipients of your beautiful knitting will be thrilled and the peg doll kits and korknisse are great - you won't have any trouble selling those, they're such fun. See you soon.

8:22 PM  
Blogger SaRi said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, terrific, terrific, terrific, great work, wow, you have been busy and you have accomplished a lot. Just fantastic. And hey, don't come back from your holidays before you have finished that gorgeous Bliss cardigan. How can you be not knitting it?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi there! I'm so happy to be able to come to you blog and read more about you! Thank Lily for modeling my gorgeous Clementine for me!

1:09 AM  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

WOW pretty much sums it up! How on earth did you do all of those things...wait are you really human? thought not! ;o) x

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home