Thursday, February 28, 2008

Early days

So, two days into my new job and I am beset by technical problems at my desk. Things will get better, but these first few days of getting to grips with a new computer system are always a bit frustrating. The good news is that I am enjoying dressing up from my refurbished wardrobe and also feel that I will be able to make a difference so that things will run more smoothly - time will tell!

I had a lovely send-off from my old job and was given some wonderful gifts, including some delicious Jo Malone shower gel - lucky me. The polar bear is a little reminder of the fun we've had on the desk there (so sweet!):


Before I started my new job I managed to finish a shawl I have been knitting for a neighbour recently diagnosed with a recurrence of cancer. I know you get cold and need some comfort when you are undergoing chemo so decided that a shawl would be a good gift:


I again used Susan Pierce Lawrence's Forest Canopy Shawl pattern, which is a great stand-by for an easy but very attractive knit. I made the shawl larger than in the pattern, and used about two and a half skeins of Koigu, which was so lovely to knit with - the colour changes as the yarn runs through your hands, and as you make every stitch, are so absorbing to watch and pretty to look at:


Sabine emailed me to let me know that sign-ups for ISE6 are open, so I have signed up for another round - I have been knitting on the Tube and hope that I can keep it up! Let's hope that the tech problems at work are ironed out soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

oh, you will get the hang of things and it will be just great! the shawl is just gorgeous, excellent pattern/yarn combo! and you make me want to join ISE too!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger SaRi said...

What a lovely send-off present and your shawl is gorgeous - as usual.

Your report on the refurbished wardrobe motivates me to refurbish mine as well. Thanks!

I keep my fingers crossed that you'll sort out the tech problems soon.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home