Friday, June 13, 2008

Knitting idyll


photo.jpg
Originally uploaded by knittingingrid
The girls had a Brownie outing last Sunday and so I had a lovely day just with Edward. So the two of us took a trip to the London Transport Musuem and had great fun, travelling back in time in the lift, looking at all the trains, pretending to drive a Tube train and sitting on the top deck of trams.

There were some great posters of places you could go on the railway or the Underground and I particularly liked this advertisement for Golders Green, complete with knitting in the garden - doesn't it look lovely! A family idyll.

3 Comments:

Blogger Probably Jane said...

Lovely print - but it doesn't look like any part of Golders Green that I know! Knitting is done, however, by a dozen women (us) laughing very loudly and eating lots of cake every week in Starbucks.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

It looks idyliic, she knitting, him gardening. In this house though it is me gardening, him reading the paper! Where did I go wrong?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

That is a beautiful print. I'm such an anglophile! And now even more so because of my lovely English scarf--thank you again!!!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home