Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas goodies

Although most of my family doesn't take my knitting obsession seriously, I did get a couple of knitting-related presents for Christmas.

I was lucky enough to get a set of these gorgeous Knitpicks gold-plated knitting needles, which come in a lovely box and even have the sizes marked on them - hooray! I love my Knitpicks needles but have found not knowing what size they are without measuring them very frustrating - it is great that these are marked (and in case you are wondering - there is something on the 3.50mm needles already!):



And Sabine knitted me a gorgeous scarf. I love chevrons and she knows it:



It is knitted using Alice Starmore yarn - I feel very spoiled! She also gave me a couple of balls of Kaffe Fassett Regia sock yarn - gorgeous!



Now that my Christmas knitting frenzy is over, I am going to try to finish some things off and get ahead on some baby knitting. Several friends are expecting babies and so I wanted to be prepared. I have started this lovely vest in the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book 3:



and am planning another couple of baby garments, possibly even a blanket.

I also want to knit this for myself:



Charm, from the new Kim Hargreaves book, Amber. I managed to pick up enough Rowan Felted Tweed that had been reduced to half price in the Liberty sale just after Christmas, so am looking forward to casting on. My priority is to finish some things off first, tempted though I am to cast on for another new project...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Lucky you! Those Knitpicks needles are lovely, as is the scarf. I think you should start the jacket, time for knitting for yourself, I think!

8:39 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

ooooooh, gold plated needles with the sizes marked on them ... drool ... sounds like you had a great holiday!

9:32 AM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

happy new year and many fiberlicious moments to come!

2:28 PM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

My family keep telling me I can't want anymore knitting stuff as I already have 'too much'. But then I did score a few stitch dictionaries and other books so I didn't too badly this year! Maybe both our families are recognising the glint in the eye of the true obsessive. That scarf is gorgeous.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

I've just been reading this and your previous post and it's great to catch up on all your news- I've missed hearing it on your blog, though I quite understand you have had your hands full!
I was shamed by all your Christmas present knitting- your mother's shawl in particular is gorgeous. Good luck with the decluttering etc, I really should do likewise this year. We have got the builders in at the moment so everything is looking particularly chaotic and I'm yearning for some order.
Best wishes for the year ahead!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home